CONFIRMED - Intermediate Counselling Ethics - Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Can you answer this lawyer question with 100% confidence?
A client has filed a professional misconduct charge against you. The lawyer asks you to defend your actions by producing evidence to demonstrate: (i) you have a solid ethical case management practice, (ii) how you helped the client, and (iii) you have material which experts can review to determine to what extent you did everything ethically and correctly.
What paperwork would you produce?
This highly engaging, fast-paced workshop for counsellors will use demonstrations, examples, templates, and handouts to meet the following objectives:
- Identify the documents therapists/agencies may need to use defend against an ethical complaint – these documents need to meet the reasonable patient standard.
- Distinguish among assent, consent, or informed consent, particularly as it relates to working with adult clients who are dysregulated; describe how to document the client consent process was valid.
- Describe and practice the relational consent process – e.g. how props and metaphors can be integrated into the consent process and used to quickly build a therapeutic alliance; how client privacy limits can be discussed in a non-alarm/panic method.
- Draw a concept map of the 9 core topics to include in contact/session notes that offer enough substance to document the service and promote continuation of care while taking great care to protect clients’ privacy and dignity, now and into the distance future.
- Identify the risks associated with having unstructured sessions, including the dangers of creating client dependency and the therapist failing to seek/document change.
- Examine the value and process of writing theme-based notes.
- Examine Dr. Dawn’s template for completing succinct session/ contact notes – which can be completed in 3 minutes – and her 3 favourite questions to ask in every session to complete session notes.
BONUS self-care time: A Registered Massage Therapist will be on site to offer chair massages for a $1 a minute (up to 15 mins).
Refunds: A full refund is available if requested via email on/before December 21, 2018; minus a $3 processing fee. FYI: If the workshop has to be cancelled due to lack of registrants, full refunds will be sent on/before the day of the workshop.
Questions: Please contact DPS Business Manager: Mr. J. Larson.
- Mobile: 403-332-3600
- Email: DPS.email@example.com
Registration starts at 7:50 a.m. - you can sign in, receive your receipt and handout package. The workshop will begin at 8:15 a.m.