Emotional Regulation Workshop - 3 spaces left (as of Jan 10) - if full, email us
Time & Location
About The Event
Registration starts at 8:10 a.m. at which time you can sign in, receive your receipt, and your handout package. The workshop will begin at 8:30 a.m.
Our focus in the morning:
- Learn about the emotional regulation cycle of self-injury, and how to use it in sessions for assessment, promote inner awareness, & motivate change.
- Explore, using engaging metaphors & language, how harming self has roots in poor regulation of the nervous system (e.g., amygdala) and limits "thinking" (cognition reasoning & insight).
- Distinguish between cutting and suicide risk.
- Gain hand's on experience using creative expressive strategies that are useful in the early phases of treatment.
- Explore strategies to practice Bruce Perry's belief, "Regulate, Relate, and then Reason".
Our focus in the afternoon:
- Explore various guiding principles of treatment such as: (a) the 4C approach to respond to “I cut myself” or to a similar disclosure such as binging & (b) Bill of Rights for those who harm themselves on purpose.
- Describe how the ABC model can be used to debrief a disclosure of harming behaviour and how this process can invite motivation to change.
- Explore a variety of rich & diverse interventions, following an ABC framework, to decrease clients' dependence on harming actions and to increase their ability to identity & process their thoughts, feelings, and actions.
- Explore how to help clients who are triggered by breath work and invitations into mindfulness (and/or calmness).
- Details are provided under the registration tab.
- Please note: If the same organization registers 5 participants at the same time, a 10% discount will be applied to the total fee (at the early bird or regular rate). In addition, a special rate has been arranged for the Fernie School District staff - to receive this rate please contact DPS (Jarvis) directly to register (see contact info below).
- Coffee, tea, and snacks will be provided throughout the day.
- Lunch is not provided, you are able to get lunch on your own.
- Parking is free for the workshop.
- Receipts and handouts will be provided at the start of the workshop.
- Cancellation policy: Refunds (minus $5 processing fee) will be issued if an email requesting withdraw from the workshop is dated at least 10 days before the start of the workshop. Refunds will not be offered after this date. If we cancel the workshop due to low enrollment, a full refund will be issued on or before the day of the workshop.
** Early bird registration: $106.40 (tax incl.) if payment is received in full on or before January 10, 2020.
** Regular registration: $140.00 (tax incl.) for all payments on/after January 11, 2020.
** A 10% discount is offered for a group registration for 5 or more people. Please contact our DPS Business Manager, Jarvis Larson (his contact information is below) to receive an invoice for the group registration. Thank you.
Questions: Please contact DPS Business Manager: Mr. J. Larson.
- Mobile: 403-332-3600 (after December 19)
- Email: email@example.com