Managing COVID-19 Fears and Transitions - Group 2
Time & Location
About The Event
As Alberta starts to reopen and restrictions are eased, do you need a space to process the effects of Covid-19 on you and your ongoing concerns as the world begins to open up? If so, you are invited to join this short-term, online therapy group designed for adults (living in Alberta). This group will be facilitated by two experienced registered psychologists: Alyson Worrall and Dawn McBride.
This online therapy group will include a variety of activities, including expressive arts, and will offer open time for discussion of the group’s objectives which are:
- Understanding the ways in which physical distancing and community protocols affect your wellbeing.
- Finding a sense of inner calm as you go about your daily life in this “new normal”.
- Recognizing the different ways in which different individuals are coping, or not, with the changes
- brought about by the pandemic.
- Creating a safe, supportive, and caring environment to explore your individual responses to the
- uncertainty that exists at this time.
Dates: Thursdays and Sundays, Sep. 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm MDT
- We recognize that Covid-19 has caused varying degrees of trauma in us. As a result, this therapy group is focused on the here-and-now; not healing personal trauma prior to the pandemic.
Discounted Session Fee: $100.00 for 7.5 hours of psychological care.
Once you have registered for the group, you will be contacted by phone by a research assistant, unrelated to Dawn or Alyson, to confirm your registration and to be invited to join a research study based on your participation in the group. Your participation in this study is completely optional and is not a requirement to be part of this group. The consent form you will receive upon registration for this group will contain all the information you will need to make an informed decision about joining the group when you are contacted by phone. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the study.
For questions about the group: You are warmly encouraged to contact Alyson Worrall: email@example.com
* Payment for the group therapy must be received before your registration is finalized *